2010 August, Split-Perković

1061-001

Bok!

Here comes a short story about my day in the mountains near Split. I August I went with my family on holiday to Croatia, to the Makarska Rivijera, and I could reach at them, that during they are in Krka Šibenik and Split, I go for a photo-trip in the mountains. I have arrived by car (they brought me there) to Preslo, a small station on the Split-Perković line, at 6:00. It's a pity, but so I have missed the first night train :kul

About the 825 I could not make any good shots, but it was a huge feeling, seeing that powerful loco pulling it's train uphill on it's way to Split.

In an hour came the good olda Adria (1204) from Budapest-Zagreb and it went on to Split. On the picture it is at Preslo station.

39998273.jpg

For about 40 minutes it was silent, but than came the 5502, the Split-Perković putnički vlak. On the picture it stands in Preslo station. From the stop to the depart 20 just seconds passed, because no one wanted to get on, and just an old woman got off :kul

We can say, that Preslo is not the middle of the world :D

39998361.jpg

After that also from Split (so downhill) came the first Nagibni, precisely the 7 123 006-005. It took the ICN 520 to Zagreb.

39998455.jpg

I left my place and went to the station, 'cause I had to reach the 5503 at 9:00, otherwise I stuck on that side of the mountain 'till 17:00, what I really did not want. On the photo you can see the 109 Ličanka (or Turnerica) pulling the 2-cars putnički up to Preslo. The shot was made just before reaching the station. I took that train to Sadine.

39998564.jpg

Sadine is the middle of nowhere, people with a good-working brain do not go there. It shows, that only me got off the train there :kul

Just after I got off, it reached Kaštel Stari, and at that moment a purple-grey fume appeared there. The whole mountain was full of the sound of the GM engine. The cause of that was not else, but the 2 062 117. She have pulled a heavy freight train to Knin. It was consisted from MAV-CARGO wagons, so I think it went to Hungary.

39998672.jpg

At this point I was sweating and I would really needed some shadow, but I have found just a huge mix of garbage near the road and the dead body of a goat :shock:

I wanted to reach a good place for photographing, which was just a bit downhill, but I thought it would be really dangeorus walking on the tracks, so I gave up going there, and after some adventure of hitch-hiking, I reached Kaštel Stari. My enthusiasm was about 0 because of the heat and the adventure, and so I missed making photos there. I have been waiting for 2 hours for the 5525, on which I felt like escaping from a bad place. I felt somehow, that I was alone there, and everything could happen without anyone recognising that. It was a bit frightening before Kaštel Stari. There was just boring, except 10 minutes action. First a freight came from Knin:

39998886.jpg

It stopped, so I thought something would come, and I was right, the 1522 came. It was consisted of my favourite pair: 011 and 012:

40067400.jpg

before leaving I made a shot about that sweet thing as well:

39998754.jpg

After that I bought my ticket, and the Split-Kaštel Stari putnički, pulled by 7 122 001, so the first Šveđani came in:

39998968.jpg

In Solin I have made a photo from the window about the 109, having a rest after the heavy duty. In the background, you can see a part of that wrack, that in the good old times was called as 7 123 009-010 :?

39999028.jpg

And last but not least some pictures from Split, waiting for going home:

On the pictures you can see the 7 123 015-016 and the 001 Šveđani. The Nagibni came by 521 and went back by 524, the Šveđani did the 552x trains that day.

40000117.jpg

40000196.jpg

40000313.jpg

So that would be the end. Sorry for lot of words, I know, I have promised it will be short :D

I hope you like it just as much as I enjoyed being there. I fyou are interested, in my panoramio profile you can see the pics in higher quality.

And since yesterday afternoon the

is also avaliable. It's a pity, but videos have been made just in Preslo and Sadine :kul

And about that I would like to ask something: at 4:59 you can see the 2 062 pushing out some fume at the side. Does it come from the brakes, or from something else?

And since yesterday afternoon the
is also avaliable. It's a pity, but videos have been made just in Preslo and Sadine :palac:

And about that I would like to ask something: at 4:59 you can see the 2 062 pushing out some fume at the side. Does it come from the brakes, or from something else?

It is just air from tank.

It is just air from tank.

Lotsa hot air?

I liked the report. It seems that you made a photo of everything moving ona the tracks!

"Lovac je dobro pucao, ali je zec krivo trčao!"

VracamSeOdmah.jpg

Sunger meteo

That was my original plan, to see all types of trains on that line. I'm happy that my first meeting with the HZ could have been so succesfull :kul3

This is characteristic of the HŽ - allways full of surprises!

"Lovac je dobro pucao, ali je zec krivo trčao!"

VracamSeOdmah.jpg

Sunger meteo