GM lives! - From Hrvatska to "Santa Fé" (1 v 11 s)

Roni

Hallo!

A few scenes from a non-railfan trip last week to the Croatian islands at Zagreb, Perkovic and Split, of course going both ways behind GM diesel on the Ogulin - Perkovic - Split line.

On return from Croatia I caught a NOHAB GM special from Germany to Kosovo at Traiskirchen Aspangbahn station near Vienna, one of the last stations with old infrastructure in Austria, featuring MY 1125 in "Santa Fé" design. Usually wearing the "STRABAG" (a road- and since more recently rail construction company) logo, the writing has been especially altered to "Santa Fé" for this trip.

The video link:

A few of the pics with GM locos:

2062-109 with B 1204 "Adria" Budapest - Split departing Perkovic on the morning of 15/8, we rode inside the MÁV-sleeping coach behind the loco

gmnohab01.jpg

ZS through coaches from Beograd

gmnohab02.jpg

Panorama of Split station with waiting P 5508, bus- and ferry terminal, after climbing the campanile, 20/8

gmnohab03.jpg

P 5508 to Perkovic back on ground level, once more 2062-056, one of my standard HZ locos (for example it pulled us from Cakovec to Lendava in June)

gmnohab04.jpg

An hour later, 2062-029 has finished shunting the auto car for B 1822 to Zagreb and Jadran Express to Prague. We were accomodated inside the only sleeping coach, CD, at the rear of the long train

gmnohab05.jpg

After arrival next morning at Zagreb with one hour delay (only due to a "cleverly" planned crossing with freight at Zrmanja - resulting in a horn concert by our driver :D ) I caught 2044-010 departing towards Kotoriba

gmnohab06.jpg

Arrived at home, taken a short breath, then by Schnellbahn and bike to Traiskirchen Aspangbahn.

The "lonesome cowboy" appears at the horizon

gmnohab07.jpg

First, an overtaking passenger train had to be waited for

gmnohab08.jpg

gmnohab09.jpg

Pushing back for a photo run into the station

gmnohab10.jpg

And finally contuing towards Kosovo, stopping at Sopron that evening

gmnohab11.jpg

Vise slke, i od otoka, cu jos doci... :evil:

Pozdrav,
Roni

Up-to-date na Twitteru: https://twitter.com/raildata_info @raildata_info
raildatabanner1.jpg
http://raildata.info

Odlicne slike, a narocito mi se dopadaju one snimane iz nivoa jedne sine s odsjajem farova. Izvrsno.

Barney

Najpametniji čovjek na svijetu je onaj koji je izmislio WC školjku. Nikom nije uzeo mjeru, a svima odgovara.