Some more impressions from my trip to Croatia in spring 2007

Thomas Riedl

As shown in the thread "from Gospic to Split in the cab" I have had a very nice one week trip to Croatia in April 2007. So let me share some impressions with you :D

My first location was Rijeka. I arrived there by plane and spent one night there. Sure, my first way was to the railway station...

A very often shown motiv, but nevertheless nice...

IMG_1747.jpg

In the evening of the next day I continued the trip by ferry to Dubrovnik.

My home for the next 20 hours - the M/V "Marko Polo"

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

In the next morning we crossed some islands

IMG_1785.jpg

...before we arrived in Dubrovnik - the M/S "MSC Armonia" leaving the harbour

IMG_1818.jpg

But this afternoon I didn't want to stay in Dubrovnik - I immediately entered the Bus to Ploce because I had to catch the train to Zagreb in the next early morning to meet Toma.

Two hours later, I arrived in Ploce. A lot of concrete everywhere...

View from my hotel balcony

IMG_1824.jpg

My hotel was no ***** accomodation but absolutely ok. There was a very nice and friendly staff especially in the hotel-restaurant!

Station Ploce in the evening

IMG_1821.jpg

I had to leave the hotel very early in the morning, because at 6:20 my train to Zagreb left. I can show only one pic because the light in morning was very difficult and in Sarajevo the train was VERY full... There was one more or less funny situation in Zenica - there was a crowd of football fans (or hooligans) and they wanted to enter the train to reach the stadium some stations later. But even if they all had tickets, the staff of the train and the police blocked the doors of the train because it really was full. So the hooligans blocked the tracks..... half an hour of discussions later the staff came to the conclusion that there is place enough even in the smallest hut, and so we continued the journey like fishes in a can... But it was a good party on board... Lots of singing and drinking.. :kul

Somewhere in Bosnia

IMG_1826.jpg

The next day I had my trip from Zagreb to Split. But these pics you can see in another thread 8)

Later in the week I was back in Zagreb meeting with Toma again. We made a whole-day trip in the area of Moravice and to the northern Part of the Lika-Line. We left Zagreb very early in the morning and the first station was Moravice.

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

then we continued to Brod Moravice and made a longer stop on a nice hill.

IMG_1949.jpg

We left this area and went into northern Lika.

Plaski

IMG_1954.jpg

When we left Plaski, Toma said that he knows a very small station somewhere behind Plaski in the forest... Maybe we could find the way... Well, some trials and errors later we found and after a very steep way crossing a meadow and climbing up a hill we heavily hyperventilating arrived at Plavca Draga. Unbelievable that this is a regular stop... I imagine old ladies carrying large bags up there... unbelievable..

IMG_1963.jpg

To catch a good pic, we had some crazy ideas... Where is Toma???

IMG_1957.jpg

Maybe he can post a pic from his position. The view from my position was this:

IMG_1960.jpg

We met the engineers of the train in Licka Jesenica. They were absolutely shocked when they saw us waiting in Plavca Draga. They absolutely could't i imagine, how we reached this station... (well...hyperventilating... :lol: )

Now, Licka Jesenica was waiting....

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Now it was time to start the way home. But not without some stops...

In the middle of nowhere...

IMG_1985.jpg

...where you could find some signs of the younger history....

IMG_1987.jpg

..but also very fine views...

IMG_1991.jpg

Another stop in Plaski, because of the evening time and the clouds the pics are not so good....

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

Finally we stopped in Ogulin

IMG_2015.jpg

and this pic was published in german magazine "Auto Bild" - in Croatia it is "Auto Blic", I think :D First I thought the number on the car is a joke....

IMG_2019.jpg

So a very nice day ends and on the next day my plane departs from Zagreb to Cologne. Thanks a lot to Toma and I hope to come back to Croatia next year again!

Thomas, Thank you for really wonderful photos, specially ship's photos in Dubrovnik. :pla

Nego...sad jedno laičko pitanje za ostale članove; gledam malo ove naše ručne skretnice pa si mislim; dali se skretnica nakon šta se namjesti za prolaz vlaka zaključa da se spriječi eventualno neovlašteno rukovanje?

Vjerujem da da.... jer zamislite da nekoj klinčadiji (ili bilo kome) padne na pamet tik pred prolaz vlaka okrenuti skretnicu i izazvati sudar...

Well, some trials and errors later we found and after a very steep way crossing a meadow and climbing up a hill we heavily hyperventilating arrived at Plavca Draga. Unbelievable that this is a regular stop... I imagine old ladies carrying large bags up there... unbelievable..

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd261/HZ2062/IMG_1963.jpg

I can hardly imagine waiting for an evening or night train on such place ... n060.gif:wink:

Thanks for your excellent photos !!!